- PT30M 30 minutos,
- 5 Pasos
So today I wanted to share a new discovery I made last week, the best salad dressing I've ever eaten. It is so so good that I even eat it with a spoon when no one's looking... It is a japanese sesame seed dressing that works great with any type of salad. For this post I have cooked a quinoa, blue cheese, avocado and strawberry salad, because I love it, but you can use the dressing recipe with any salad of your choice.
Elaboración paso a paso
- 1 Measure 200gr of quinoa and put it in a cup, then measure a tiny bit less than double the water with the same cup. Place the quinoa and water with a bit of salt and oil in a sauce pan and let the water boil.
- 2 Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down and cover the with a lid. Let it cook for 10-15, but make sure you check on it often so the bottom doesn't burn. When the water has completely evaporated, turn the heating off and scoop the quinoa out into a bowl to cool.
- 3 Meanwhile get the remaining ingredients ready by simply cutting them into the size you want and set them aside.
- 4 To make the sesame dressing, use a mortar or a blender to grind the sesame seeds and the sugar, this allows the flavour of the sesame to come through. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients until you get a smooth consistency. Finally add the ground sesame seeds and sugar and mix together.
- 5 Serve the quinoa with the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl, add the dressing and enjoy!
hace 7 años 2014-05-11 06:10:15