- PT30M 30 minutes,
- 5 Steps
After enjoying a couple of glasses of home-made carrot and orange juice, an important amount of salad and plenty of baked potatoes and sweet potatoes topped with home-made vegan pesto, my friend served us the most amazing dark chocolate truffles. They were moist, soft, very flavourful and perfectly sweet. No added sugars, just dates. My mind was blown... That night during my meditation before bed, I couldn't stop thinking about the damn truffles. I was hit by a wave of inspiration on different truffle flavour combinations, which had me get up and grab a pen and paper to write them down before they escaped!
Step by step
- 1 Throw into a food processor the raw walnuts, Medjool dates, coconut oil, vanilla powder, salt and cacao powder. Process for a minute or until completely combined.
- 2 Add the raspberries and pulse one or two times, enough to incorporate them into the mix without them blending in completely.
- 3 Using a teaspoon, scoop out the mixture into the palm of your left hand. Turn the mixture into a small ball using both hands in a circular motion. When done, in a bowl, coat them in the 2-3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder by rolling them around.
- 4 Place in a plate or container and set in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour. Take out of the freezer a couple of minutes at room temperature before enjoying.
- 5 ( Tip ) Experiment with other fun coating flavours such as Maca powder, barley grass powder, Matcha powder, raw beetroot powder, etc!
6 years a go 2017-06-23 05:10:44